Do you consider yourself, or someone you know, somewhere between being a beginner to moderately experienced user in Excel 2007, and would like to know more? If yes, this “Simple” giveaway may be for you!
The top prize, with a value of approximately $145, is a copy of the book “Simply Learning Excel 2007” by Robert Ryan, MBA, CPA, and a live, personal, one-hour Excel session with Bob via WebEx. He will cover and/or answer any questions about any topic from the book, e.g. PivotTables, Filters, VLOOKUP, etc. Bob will contact the winner to arrange a mutually convenient time, and also find out what the winner would like to cover. This prize is transferrable, so the winner can give it to a family member or co-worker who needs some extra help, or they could even share it (the live session part) with up to 20 co-workers.
There will be four runners-up, and each one will win a free book, with a value of approximately $20 each. They, along with any reader of the book, can get their questions answered at no extra cost via a live WebEx session by submitting their questions to Ask the Author… LIVE!™ at SimplyLearningExcel.com.
How to Enter
Simply submit your answer to the following question by responding to this blog below:
- In all the years (or days) that you have known Excel (any version), what is the most valuable thing – feature, formula, etc – you have learned about Excel,
- What is the one thing about Excel that you have shared with others that they have valued most? Was it PivotTables? Keyboard shortcuts? Spreadsheet design? Macros? Please let us know.
The Giveaway Rules
- All responses must be submitted to Bob’s blog at SimplyLearningExcel.com/blog.
- The entry deadline is 12:00 noon (USA Eastern time zone) on Monday, August 23rd, 2010.
- One entry per person – any additional entries will be deleted from the draw – with one exception. If you answer both parts of the question, you will be entered twice.
- A random draw (using Excel) will select the winners from all valid entries.
- The winner will be notified by email, so please provide a valid email address. This will not be publicly visible, and you will not be added to any mailing list.
The winner will be announced on Bob’s blog on Tuesday, August 24th. Good Luck!
(A special Thank You to Debra Dalgleish, Microsoft Excel MVP and author of perhaps the best Excel website on the Internet at Contextures.com for helping to publicize this giveaway. If you haven’t already checked out her awesome site, I recommend you do so soon.)